We are delighted to win Gold in the “Dog Friendly Business of the Year” category of the 2019/2020 Devon Tourism Awards.
Over the last couple of years we have worked hard providing truly dog friendly experiences for guests and their dogs. Our aim is to allow guests and their canine companions to have a stress-free holiday. The enclosed paddock and woodland, leather sofas and no carpets give peace of mind to dog owners. Allowing them to relax and enjoy their holiday.
Since taking over the running of the business in 2017 we have:
- Enclosed the paddock making it safer for dogs
- Introduced a welcome pack including hand made Devon biscuits and apple juice made from apples at Woodland Cottages
- Developed a comprehensive information pack with information on local eateries, vets, shops, beaches, walks, pet services etc
- Created an information point with spare dog bowls, crates and toys as well as OS maps, walking books and a games box
- Made agility equipment for dogs and owners alike to enjoy
- Implemented a flag system to allow nervous or anxious dogs enjoy the woodland without fear of meeting other dogs
- Updated the website to making it more user friendly
Visiting judge commented “Visiting Woodland cottages with my two very active dogs was a real pleasure. The atmosphere on arriving was one of freedom, tranquillity and a dog paradise. The woodland walk was particularly special and an environment which was being cared for, for future generations of the human race and more importantly the canine race to run free and wild!”
We’re so lucky to be situated in such a beautiful part of North Devon. We are blessed with lovely countryside views and fantastic dog friendly beaches, pubs and cafes nearby. All of this helps contribute to many of our guests returning year after year.
Looking to the future we hope to keep building upon our success in this years awards by continuing to develop and improve the experience for our guests and their four-legged friends. We are also pleased to be finalists in the South West Tourism Excellence Awards. We’ll let you know how we get on…