We would like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas. Please read on to find out what's been happening at Woodland Cottages this year...
- It has been another busy but good year at Woodland Cottages. We continue to enjoy welcoming guests and their four-legged friends. It has been great to see some familiar faces as well as welcoming those who are new to Woodland Cottages.
- This year we had some chinchilla’s come and stay which was an exciting addition to our usual clientele of furry friends.
- Kate has been busy this year processing the laundry and keeping the cottages re-stocked.
- Tim and Kate’s two daughters got married here this year. Two lovely occasions despite one being in 30 degree heat and the other torrential rain.
We were very blessed with an amazing year weather wise. It was great to see Woodland Cottages in the snow at the start of the year, followed by such a beautiful summer and autumn.
Diego continues to excel in his role as head of PR. He loves to head around to the cottages at every opportunity to say hello to anyone who might be about. He also loves his daily walks around the woods, exploring all of the sights, sounds and smells.
We have been working hard this year at trying to improve the experience for guests staying at Woodland Cottages. Here are just some of the things we have implemented:
- A welcome pack that includes locally sourced lemon shortbread biscuits, made in Tiverton. Complimented by apple juice made from our own apples grown at Woodland Cottages and pressed by Mc G’s (92 bottles) or Mc G’s own apple juice from their orchard, just 10 miles away.
- Photographs from local photographer Mark Clinton Johnson who has captured some beautiful images of the North Devon countryside.
- The charity that we have chosen to support is The Guide Dogs for the Blind Association. Any spare change left over from the gas and electric is given to The Guide Dogs for the Blind and used to purchase items from their “Dogalogue” such as the spare dog blankets.
- Creating some beach guides and walking guides. They aim to provide useful information about the local beaches and to give inspiration about the best places to go walking with your dogs.
- We now have a brand new website which we hope will be more user friendly and now includes information such as availability to make the booking process easier.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all of our wonderful guests, who make all of this possible. We are still managing to hang on as an independent family run business, despite increasing competition from larger holiday companies. So your custom is very much appreciated. Thank you for your continued support sharing about Woodland Cottages with your friends and family. In addition to your invaluable feedback which helps us to improve the experience for everyone.
We wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and we look forward to seeing you again in due course.
Tim and Kate
James and Abi and who could forget Diego